Visitors, exhibitors, stall holders and such-like enter Halifax Showground at their own risk and are expected to take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and others. The showground is open park land and therefore there will be exposed roots, holes, uneven surfaces and wild animals.
For the collective good of all visitors, volunteers and animals – when purchasing a ticket to attend the Mirfield Show, or entering the showground on showday, members of the public do so on the understanding that the following policies must be followed:
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Smoking is not allowed in any marquee or enclosed area.
- Animals are not allowed in any marquee or enclosed area.
- Pets must be under control at all times, and any mess cleaned up.
- Loud noises are not permitted around the ring or other animals.
- Bikes or cycles are not allowed around the showground.
- Vehicles and bikes parked are done so at the owners risk.
- You are advised to you wash your hands after handling animals.
- Entry into any class and competition is at the entrants own risk.
- Tampering with or vandalising any equipment will not be tolerated.
- Instructions from Show Stewards and signage must be obeyed.
All persons participating in activities on Savile Park, during the Halifax Agricultural Show or attending as visitors do so entirely at their own risk and acknowledge that they will on entering any race or taking part in any game accept that The Halifax Agricultural Show Society accepts no legal responsibility for any accidents or injuries that may occur. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take responsibility for their own behaviour and where appropriate that of their children and pets. The Halifax Agricultural Show Society will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone attending Savile Park. All visitors and must take reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and officials. The Show officials reserve the right to refuse entry into the showground or any activity if they feel that the person wishing to enter or take part is unfit to do so, or may in doing so be a danger to themselves or others. Breaking of any of these policies may result in the offenders being removed from the showground without right of re-entry and reimbursement
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
Around the showground there will be a number of professional photographers and videographers taking photographs and videos for use on the various websites including the Halifax Show website, Youtube and Facebook. Please be aware that there will also be an even larger number of visitors taking personal photographs and videos around the showground. If you object to this, then we suggest you keep away from Halifax Show as we can guarantee that you will not feature in any of these. If you find a video or photograph after the show in any of the places mentioned – contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to remove it.
Please visit each section for full and detailed terms and policies for each class or competition.
Any other Policies & Terms for visiting Halifax Show will be posted here before show day.
CONTACT HEALTH & SAFETY SECRETARY