Halifax Agricultural Show has a well established and well supported Poultry and Egg Section which offers an extensive choice of classes for the Public to enter. We have over 100 classes for Large Fowl, Bantam and Waterfowl along with over 35 Egg classes including a Photographic Class. The Section continues to grow year on year and as well as having established exhibitors we attract new exhibitors every year. We offer prize money, rosettes and corn along with a range of trophies for particular breeds. If you would like to show your birds or eggs for the first time and would like some advice on how to go about this, please give the section secretary, Mandy Bush a call.
POULTRY & EGG SHOW CLASSES 2019
The Poultry & Egg Show Classes for Halifax Agricultural Show 2019 will be posted here as soon as they have been confirmed.
POULTRY & EGG SHOW RESULTS 2018
Best In Show – John Halley – Trio of Pekin Ducks
Reserve Best In Show – Colin Booth – Rumpless Araucana
Best True Bantam – John Halley – Belgian D’Anver
Best Trio – John Halley – Pekin Ducks
Best Juvenile – Hannah Winfield – White Silkie
Best Waterfowl – Sue Bray Hinchliffe- White Call Duck
Best Eggs – Pam Dollin – 3 Goose eggs
POULTRY & EGG SHOW CLASSES 2018
DOWNLOAD THE SCHEDULE HERE
DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM HERE
DOWNLOAD THE POULTRY GATHERING DECLARATION HERE
Poultry Classes 2018
Trio’s 1.Large Exhibition 2.Bantam Exhibition 3.Waterfowl A.V
Large Fowl 4.Carlisle M/F 5.Oxford M/F 6.Asian HF M/F 7.Orpington M/F 8.Wyandotte M/F 9.Silkie White M/F 10.Silkie AOC M/F 11.Araucana M 12.Araucana F 13.Russian Orloff M/F 14.Poland M/F 15.Autosexing – Light/Heavy M/F 16.A.V Rare Breed M 17.A.V Rare Breed F 18.AOV Large Light M/F 19.AOV Large Heavy M/F 20.Likeliest Layer
Soft Feather Bantams 21.R.I.R M/F 22.Sussex A.C M/F 23.Rock Barred M 24.Rock Barred F 25.Rock Buff M 26.Rock Buff F 27.Rock AOC M/F 28.Wyandotte Self M 29.Wyandotte Self F 30.Wyandotte Barred M/F 31.Wyandotte AOC M 32.Wyandotte AOC F 33.Australorp M 34.Australorp F 35.Orpington M/F 36.Leghorn AC M/F 37.Ancona M 38.Ancona F 39.Minorca M/F 40.Poland M/F 41.Hamburg M 42.Hamburg F 43.Russian Orloff M 44.Russian Orloff F 45.Frizzle AC M/F 46.German Langshan M 47. German Langshan F 48.Yokohama M/F 49.Araucana M/F 50.Silkie AC M/F 51.Autosexing – Light/Heavy M/F 52.Rare Breed SF M 53.Rare Breed SF F 54.AOV SF M 55.AOV SF F 56.AV 2018 Bred SF M 57.AV 2018 Bred SF F 58.Juvenile AV SF M 59.Juvenile AV SF F
True Bantams 60.Rosecomb AC M/F 61.Sebright AC M/F 62.Mille/Porc. D’UccleM/F 63.AOC D’Uccle M/F 64.Black D’Anver M 65.Black D’Anver F 66.Quail D’Anver M 67.Quail D’Anver F 68.AOC D’Anver M 69.AOC D’Anver F 70.Pekin Black M 71.Pekin Black F 72.Pekin White M 73.Pekin White F 74.Pekin Partridge M/F 75.Pekin AOC M 76.Pekin AOC F 77.Japanese M/F 78.Gold Dutch M 79.Gold Dutch F 80.AOC Dutch M/F 81.Serama M 82.Serama F 83.Booted Bantams M/F 84.AV 2018 True Bantam M 85.AV 2018 True Bantam F 86.Juvenile AV True Bantam M 87.Juvenile AV True Bantam F
Hard Feather 88.Modern Game M 89.Modern Game F 90.OEG Spangle M 91.OEG Spangle F 92.OEG Self Blue/Black M 93.OEG Self Blue/Black F 94.OEG AOC M 95.OEG AOC F 96.OEG AC 2018 Bred M 97.OEG AC 2018 Bred F 98.Rumpless M/F 99.Indian Game M/F 100.Ko-Shama M/F 101.AOV HF M/F 102.AV 2018 Bred H/F M 103.AV 2018 Bred H/F F 104.Juvenile AV H/F M 105.Juvenile AV H/F F
Waterfowl 106.AC Runner Drake 107.AC Runner Duck 108.Rouen/Aylesbury Drake/Duck 109.AOV Drake 110.AOV Duck 111.White Call Drake 112.White Call Duck 113.AOC Call Drake 114.AOC Call Duck 115.AOV Bantam Duck/Drake 116.AV Goose/Gander 117.AV Turkey M/F 118.Junior Handler 6-10 years on Show day. 119.Junior Handler 11-16 years on Show day.
Egg Classes – 2018
1. Twelve Hen Eggs (same colour) 2. Six Hen Eggs (same colour) 3. Three Light Brown Hen Eggs 4. Three Dark Brown Hen Eggs 5. Three White Hen Eggs 6. Three AOC Hen Eggs 7. Three Hen Eggs – Each a distinct colour 8. One Supreme Hen Egg 9. Twelve Bantam Eggs (same colour) 10. Six Bantam Eggs (same colour) 11. Three Light Brown Bantam Eggs 12. Three Dark Brown Bantam Eggs 13. Three White Bantam Eggs 14. Three AOC Bantam Eggs 15. Three Bantam Eggs – Each a distinct colour 16. One Supreme Bantam Egg 17. Three Duck Eggs (any variety) 18. One Duck Egg (any variety) 19. Three Goose Eggs (any variety) 20. One Goose Egg (any variety) 21. Three Turkey Eggs (any variety) 22. One Turkey Egg (any variety) 23. Three LF Eggs/Three Bantam Eggs (same colour) 24. One LF Egg/One Bantam Egg (same colour) 25. One Contents Hen Egg 26. One Contents Bantam Egg 27. One Contents Duck Egg 28. One Contents Goose Egg 29. One Contents Turkey Egg 30. One LF Egg – Internal/External appearance 31. One Bantam Egg – Internal/External appearance 32. One oddest shaped egg 33. Decorated Egg – Adult 34. Decorated Egg – Junior (up to 16 years on show day) 35. Photographic Class – Poultry/Egg related
ALL BREED CLUB SPECIALS APPLIED FOR CUPS PERPETUAL
- D W & H Sill – Rose Bowl – Show Champion
- Halifax Ag Soc – Shield Reserve – Show Champion
- G Ashworth – Shield – Best Waterfowl
- I Allonby – Tankard – Best True Bantam
- D & S M – Rose Bowl – Best Ladies
- C Ashley – Cup – Best Juvenile
- S Windle – Cup – Best Pekin
- G A Holdsworth – Cup – Best Belgian
- G & J Schofield – Cup – Best Dutch
- Sue Flude – Shield – Best Silkie
- N Fisher – Shield – Best Modern
- Gables Cattery – Trophy – Best Wyandotte
- Gables Cattery – Trophy – Best AOC Call Duck
- J & J Crowther – Tankard – Best Soft Feather Light
- Roy Sutcliffe Memorial – Trophy – Best Indian Runner
Please remember to return any cups/trophies won last year on the day or before show day to the Poultry Secretary.
POULTRY & EGG SHOW RULES
All exhibitors must comply with the current Livestock restrictions. Holding Number: 49/349/8001 for the show.
Litter will be provided for use in cages. Prize money not collected by 5.30pm on show day will be deemed as donated to the Society. The Society will take the utmost care of all exhibits, but will not be responsible for any loss or damage. The committee’s decision on any matter will be final. Any person involved in any accident on show day must report it to the General Secretary as soon as possible.
Drinkers will be provided but watering is the responsibility of the exhibitor. Please water promptly after judging.
NO PARKING ON THE SHOWGROUND, A TEMPORARY DROP OFF WILL BE IN PLACE IMMEDIATELY BEHIND THE POULTRY TENT, CARS MUST THEN BE REMOVED TO THE FREE CAR PARK DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM THE SHOWGROUND. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE DOGS IN CARS IF THE WEATHER IS WARM ON SHOW DAY.
All birds to be penned by 9.30am, judging at 10.00am prompt. Prize Money at 4.00pm. Boxing up at 4.30pm. Prize money: £2.00, £1.00, 60p. (Paid on the day)
POULTRY SHOW RESULTS 2017
- Show Champion – Simon McKean
- Reserve Show Champion – John Halley
- Large Hard Feather – Simon McKean
- Large Soft Feather – Geoff Tinson
- Bantam Soft Feather Heavy – H Bailey
- Bantam Soft Feather Light – Hannah Winfield
- Bantam Hard Feather – Simon McKean
- True Bantam – Karen Griffiths
- Trio – John Halley
- Juvenile – Honey Ingram
- Egg Exhibit – Pam Dollin
- Waterfowl – John Halley
- Rare Breed – Geoff Tinson
CONTACT POULTRY & EGG SECRETARY